The Year That Was 2012

Given 2013 is just around the corner (and the fact we all collectively survive the failed translation of ancient Mayan prophecies to see through to the new year), I thought it’d be fun to look back at the year’s oPaP highs and lows (if for nothing else than a fun summary to all the effort I’ve put in throughout 2012).

I started off the year exploring the possibility of self-publishing Sanity’s Flaw as my efforts to nail down an agent were in vain. Deciding to just go ahead and bite the bullet, I was forced to spend an inordinate amount of time formatting the damned thing and writing additional content for the e-book version.

Still, it led to, by far, the most fun I had this year (you know, other than actually seeing my book up on the Amazon and Barnes & Noble marketplaces), when I got to design and create my cover.

In the meantime, and mostly to keep myself writing, I explored what it meant to me to be a writer, discovered just how significant music it to my process, and brought more Hobby Hole material to the table. And, to keep everyone up to pace, I even deployed my Facebook fan page, now cleverly linked on the left-hand side of the page!

Most importantly, though, was finally finishing The Nobodies after years and years of tireless effort. Of course, I had to edit the crap out of it and send it off to agent after agent… but in the end, it freed me to finally begin in earnest on my third book. I’ve been doing my best to work on it since, even around the holidays and that mega jackpot… though, I suppose, not so much in Vegas. I guess a well-placed death scene would make anyone want to write, though, huh?

Oh. And I also got to finally upgrade my mouse. Thanks to you all!

It’s been great to have you this year. Please stick around for the next; I’ve got tons in store.

Comments